Technical Services Interest Group New Leader Award
Sponsored by Brodart Company
$500 is available to be awarded to the successful applicant to help cover registration, travel, and lodging expenses for attending the CLA Annual Conference in San Jose, November 2-4, 2012.
- Be a current California Library Association member, or join by application deadline.
- Be currently enrolled in a library-degree program; be a recent library/information school graduate; or have no more than five years of post-master’s degree experience.
- Be able to attend CLA Annual Conference and work virtually in between.
- Attend CLA Technical Services Interest Group Membership Meeting and one or more TSIG programs at CLA Annual Conference.
- Be willing to serve on a Technical Services Interest Group committee or taskforce, or as a candidate for Technical Services Interest Group office, following the CLA Annual Conference.
Submit a brief statement (no more than 350 words) describing career goals and interest in Technical Services and the CLA Technical Services Interest Group via email message or email attachment (preferred) to:
- Mary Cohen
DEADLINE is May 31, 2012.
You may include your curriculum vitae or resume in addition to the professional interest statement, but that is not required.
For more information about the CLA Technical Services Interest Group, visit:
For more information about the California Library Association, CLA membership, and the upcoming CLA Conference, visit: http://www.cla-net.org
Library students and first time CLA members are eligible for reduced dues. Students, support staff, and unemployed librarians are eligible for reduced conference registration fees.
For more information about Brodart Company, visit: http://www.brodart.com/
For any other questions about the Technical Services Interest Group New Leader Award contact:
- Mary Cohen
- Technical Services Dept. Head
- Palos Verdes Library District
- 701 Silver Spur Road
- Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
- (p) 310-921-7519 | (f) 310-541-6807 | (e) email@example.com